- Central Heating & Cooling
- Full Kitchen
- Coffee Maker (We supply the initial supply of coffee)
- Utensils, Flatware
- Small Charcoal Grill
- Sleeps 6 comfortably (Maximum IO capacity)
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Satellite TV
- DVD Player
*Firewood can be purchased during office hours for $10.40 per bundle between Mid October – Mid April.
Small pets up to 25 lbs are allowed in our pet friendly cottages. Please let us know when making a reservation that you will bringing a pet. Pet fee is $10.00 per night per pet. An additional fee may be added if there is any damages due to the pet or additional clean up. Pets must be on a leash at all times. No pets may be chained/tied anywhere outside the cottages.
Reservations made require a down payment or deposit which will be charged at the time of reservation. Balance is due upon check-in unless it is a holiday reservation. Holiday reservations are due in full two weeks prior to arrival. No refunds will be issued for any reason after balance is paid in full. Balances not paid in full on the holiday weekends are subject to cancellation.
Payments can be made by cash, credit or debit cards or check. However, a credit card must be on file since we do not charge a security deposit. We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express and Discover.
Cancellations for single reservations will be 14 days prior to arrival during non-peak season and 30 days prior to arrival for peak and holiday season (Holidays are New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas).
Group reservations are as follows:
2-4 cottages – 14 days prior to arrival
5-10 cottages – 30 days prior to arrival
10+ cottages – 45 days prior to arrival
Deposits will be refunded if you cancel prior to the cancellation deadline. You will be charged a small cancellation fee of $20.00 per cottage. After that time all of your deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable for any reason.
CHECK-IN / CHECK -OUT
You may check in any time after 3:00pm. We will attempt to accommodate early arrivals, but we cannot guarantee cottage availability before 3:00pm.
- Check in time: 3:00 pm
- Check out time: 11 :00 am
- You must be at least 21 years old with a valid ID & Credit card to reserve a cottage.
- The swimming pool is open during our peak season until 10:00 pm. The use of the pool and beach area are at your own risk.
- No house parties allowed under any circumstance.
- All Doublehead cottages and facilities are NON SMOKING.
- No more than 3 automobiles are allowed per cottage. Boat trailers should be parked in designated area. At no time should any vehicle or trailer be pulled on lawns. Parking vehicles on cottage lawns will result in an undetermined fee.
- Tents & canopies are strictly prohibited.
- Any damages/additional cleaning due to destruction to the property grounds, meeting facilities or to individual cottages will result in additional fees.
- All cottage inventory must be accounted for upon departure. Please refrain from moving picnic tables. Picnic tables not in their original location will result in a fee to move them back. Kitchen inventory is unique to each cottage, so please make sure that all kitchen inventory is accounted for upon departure.
- 2 keys will be issued upon check-in and 2 keys must be returned.
- Do not take unit towels to the pool or beach. There is no daily maid service; therefore, you must maintain your linens
during your stay.
- Outdoor fires are prohibited at the cottages.
- Firewood is available for purchase mid October – Mid April during office business hours for a charge of $10.00 + tax.
- All of Doublehead Resort’s amenities, facilities, and recreation are at your own risk.
- Doublehead Resort is not responsible for accidents, injuries, or theft.
- Upon departure, please follow all check-out procedures that are located in each unit.
- Doublehead Resort cannot guarantee any particular cottage number, area, or how close you can be to your family
members or other guests.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Minimum Age Requirement- No Lake Home will be rented to vacationing students or young singles unless accompanies by a parent. Singles must be at least 21 years or older to rent. You must have a photo ID to check in. Any reservation made under false pretenses will result in eviction without refund.
Check In- You will be issued two keys at check in. Two keys must be returned. Failure to return keys will result in a $20.00 charge per key. You will be asked to sign and initial the reg. card upon check in. It is helpful to be familiar with the terms and conditions prior to check in.
Departure Cleaning- A departure cleaning fee is charged once to each reservation. The normal fee is $60.00 but can vary if terms and conditions are violated. All Doublehead cottages and facilities are NON-Smoking. Evidence of smoking could result in an additional fee.
House Parties- House parties are not allowed! Occupancy is strictly limited to a maximum of ten (10) people. Most sleep 6-8 comfortably. Management reserves the right to enter the rental property anytime to investigate disturbances, check occupancy or to check for damages.
Parking- All parking is limited at each lake home to three (3) cars per home. Parking is for paying guests only. You are subject to the parking regulations as set forth by the property owners. If you bring a boat and the trailer will exceed three cars please see the office for designated parking area for the trailer. There is a $10.00 per day per trailer parking fee. At NO time should any vehicle or trailer be pulled on the grassy lawn areas. Parking on lawns could result in a damage charge. WE DO NOT ALLOW ANY CAMPERS OF ANY KIND ON THE PROPERTY.
Damages- Each guest will be financially responsible for damage done to the property beyond normal wear and tear.
Linens- A basic supply of linens are provided in each property. Bed linen and bath towels are provided but not changed during your stay. Your cottage will be stocked with one roll of paper towels, 2 rolls toilet paper in each bathroom, 2 kitchen trash bags, 2 bars of soap, supplies for one pot of coffee, 2 dish detergent packs for the dishwasher.
For Sale- If a property is for sale, the owner reserves the right to have his property shown to prospective buyers. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time.
Furnishings- All vacation properties are individually owned and are decorated to suit the owner. Furnishings are subject to change without notice. Please do NOT transfer furnishing of any kind from one property to another. Loss of these items as well as damage to the unit or furnishings will be charged to you. Kitchen inventory is also unique. Please do not transfer to another cottage. Failure to locate could result in additional charges. Cabins all have Central Heat and Air, full kitchen, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, utensils and flatware, ironing board and iron, Satellite TV, and a DVD player. All homes have a wood burning fireplace. A hammock, picnic table, and camp size grill is also provided. All lake homes have their own private pier.
Maintenance- Please report any malfunctioning equipment or damages as soon as possible to the office. Every effort will be made to correct the situation as soon as possible. Repairmen may enter the premises during business hours for purposes connected with repair, care or maintenance of the property.
Weather- Please go to www.weather.com to check local weather. City is Town Creek, Al. 35672.
Fireworks- Fireworks are prohibited at all rental properties.
Agency Disclosure- Doublehead Realty and Property Management LLC. Serves as the agent and representative of owners within the Cove at Doublehead that are under a rental agreement with us. We are acting always, in and for the best interest of the owners.
Pets- Pets up to 25 pounds are permitted in some cottages. Please let us know prior to arrival if you are bringing a pet. The pet fee is $10.00 per night, per pet. (Additional pet fees may apply).
Errors- Every effort has been made to assure all descriptions are accurate, however, Doublehead Realty is not responsible for changes in furnishings or printing errors. Rates and specials are subject to change. Please examine your statement carefully and if you have any questions, please let us know immediately. We must be notified within 45 days of your stay if you have a billing dispute of any kind. We will then investigate your folio and will notify you immediately. We cannot issue any refunds after 60 days.
Use of Facilities- Tents and Canopies are prohibited. Any damages/additional cleaning due to destruction to the property, grounds, or lake home will result in additional fees. Amenities are provided for your enjoyment. By using these facilities, you assume responsibility and liability for your actions. Neither the property owner, the management company, nor the owner’s association assume any liability for accidents or injuries or theft. The pool is open daily during peak season. We do reserve the right to close during bad weather or a problem inside pool area at any time. Please do not take towels from your cottage to the beach or pool area. Outdoor fires are not permitted in cottage lawns. You can purchase a campfire or bonfire on the beach through our office.
Check-out Procedures- Check out procedures are located in each unit. Please make sure that you follow those guidelines to avoid any additional cleaning fees.